A Dream without a Plan is simply a Wish
TEC provides business leaders with the resources needed to optimize their people and processes to maximize the performance and profit of their organizations.
Sometimes running a business blocks the view of where you are headed. Executives often find themselves busy working in the business rather than on the business.
Most companies have a clear vision of where they are headed when they start the business, but forget to reassess their position in the market along the way.
Strategic management and planning is critical in a business environment that has become more and more commoditized. Product differentiation is difficult and the market itself is rapidly changing.
At TEC Resource Center we have developed a process that provides a 360 degree strategic view of your business.
The entire leadership team will participate in the development and eventual adoption of the path the business takes over the next 3 to 5 years. The process includes everything you will need from initial assessment of your market position today, to the communication, training and implementation of the plan.
Even if a strategic plan exists, there may be room for improvement in how this plan is implemented, communicated, and monitored along the way. TEC can help you at any stage of the process by providing you with a proven system facilitated by an experienced senior business executive with a completely objective view.
Our assessment process gives you a detailed look at where your organization stands today with respect to the strategic planning process.
- Strategic Planning Readiness Survey – Is your organization ready to begin the planning process?
- Market Position Evaluation – Where do you stand in the marketplace today?
- Value Proposition (Product Differentiation) – Identifying why your company stands out to your customers.
- SWOT Analysis – Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of the organization and the opportunities and threats in the market today.
Once we better understand where you stand in the market today, we can begin the planning process.
At TEC, we use a SWOT (Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis to develop a plan that will leverage your strengths to take advantage of external opportunities, and address weaknesses to eliminate potential threats in the future. The planning process will ensure that your entire team is aligned around a common understanding of why you are in business, where the business is headed, and the core values that focus you as an organization.
Our Planning Process encompasses:
- Mission – Why you are in business
- Vision – Where the business is headed
- Values – Shared principles that guide your team’s journey
- Culture – Living by our values each and everyday
- Competitive Advantages – Strengthening the value proposition
- Strategic Plan - Long Term Objectives (3-5 years) – Setting the long term course of the business
The strategic planning process requires a completely objective point of view that removes all preconceived limitations to the thinking in the room. Our facilitators provide creative meeting agendas that breakdown the barriers that often lead to serious errors in the planning process.
"A facilitator is the custodian of the consensus process, a servant-leader whose purpose is to help the group make the best decisions possible." ~ Briggs
Successful planning meeting should include your executive team and key stake holders involved in the growth and success of the business.
- Preparation: Our facilitators prepare for the success of the meeting.
- Agendas: The right agenda will control the flow of the meeting, ensuring each session builds on the last and in the end achieves the results desired.
- Unique View: Facilitators provide a completely independent point of view free of all preconceived limitations that may exist within the organization.
- Participation: Our facilitators ensure everyone to fully participate in the planning process.
- Managing Input: Our facilitators are trained to ensure that everyone has a say, and no single view-point dominates the discussion.